Sunday, February 26, 2012

Welcome to the World, Emma Kate!

(Sorry for being really late at updating, I've been having issues with my blog for some reason.)
Since I've been so behind --- here is the last picture before Emma arrived. This was taken at 39 weeks.
Now for the fun stuff!
After being induced at 3am (technically started at 4am), Emma Kate arrived at 11:28am on January 24, 2012! She weighed 6 lbs 14.5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She also was born with a head FULL of beautiful hair! The first thing the nurses and I said was "BOWS!!" :)
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The entire staff that helped bring her safely into this world and the nurses who tended to us during our stay were amazing. I only experienced severe pain for a short time until I was able to get an Epidural. What a relief that was! Here are pics of our precious daughter during her first few days.

Love at first site
 Bath, hearing test, etc. --- with the entire clan of grandparents, great-grandparents, friends, etc. watching through the window

 Look at all that hair! It was about an inch long and already growing over her ears and down her neck!
Getting her all dressed to go home
 Car ride home



1 comment:

  1. Sooo sweet! I cannot wait to hold her again!! I am so glad to see all the blog updates!! :)

    ReplyDelete